Jameson Whiskey Truffles
It’s the time of the year again. Poppin’ Baileys, Jameson, Guinness, and all the green beer you can handle.
I had heard of spiked desserts before, but had never attempted to make some until today.
The recipe below is fairly easy. The main thing you have to have is patience while the chocolate is chilling in the fridge.
- 8 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Jamesons Irish Whiskey
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- sprinkles (optional)
- Place chocolates in medium sized heat-proof bowl. Set aside. In a saucepan, heat cream until boiling and immediately pour the cream onto the chocolate. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir chocolate until smooth. If you didn't chop up the chocolate and it's not melting, you'll have to heat the chocolate and cream bowl over a simmering pot of hot water.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until firm but not rock hard. (mine took about 1 hour and 30 minutes)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Using a spoon, scoop and form balls into 1 inch diameter. Refrigerate again for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the truffles out, smooth out any weird edges, and toss them in the cocoa powder (I tossed mine in a bowl)
- Roll in sprinkles (optional)
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate for a later time.
Follow me on Instagram – @Jewelnicole8