#QUARANTINEMEALS | Volume 2
Welcome back to #QuarantineMeals! We hope you all had the chance to enjoy the meals we posted last week! If you haven’t had a chance be sure to check out Vol.1 of #QuarantineMeals.
While last week we featured meals that included beef and seafood, this week we are introducing healthy meals with chicken and a variety of salads….. We even included a Dessert! It’s all about balance right? Lol
Because we have shifted to a more stay at home lifestyle, the possibility of not getting your exercise has increased! That being said, this week we want to share more recipes that include veggies and chicken.
*Quarantine Tip* mix these recipes in with last weeks and you’ll have a more balanced weekly menu!
If you have some favorite meals that you’d love to share, drop a line! Hit me up and let me know what you’re cooking, who knows we might feature it next time!
I hope you all enjoy these #QuarantineMeals. Please let me know how they taste and if you’ve enjoyed creating them! #STAYHOME
Chicken Wings w/ Macaroni Salad
Serving size | 2-4 people
Chicken Wings Ingredients:
- Season wings
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- Light coat of Kinder’s Organic Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Drizzle avocado oil
- Bake wings at 400 degrees for 45 mins.
- Followed by broiling wings at 400 degrees for 10 mins.
Macaroni Salad Ingredients:
- Small Package Macaroni
- 1 lb of cooked asparagus
- 1/2 cup of cooked peas
- 1 tomato
- 1/3 cup Fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup of avocado oil mayo
- 1 1/2 lemon juice
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of Mustard
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper to your preference
- Chop asparagus, red onion, tomato & parsley.
- Macaroni: Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Run cold water over veggies and pasta so they don’t stick.
- Add mixed dressing over pasta.
- Add mayo over pasta.
- Mix everything.
Serving size | 4 people
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium serrano or jalapeño pepper, minced (remove ribs and seeds to tame the spice level)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed or minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger (about a 1-inch piece)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (OPTIONAL)
- 1 large can (28 ounces) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes or whole peeled tomatoes, with their juices
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chickpeas (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- OPTIONAL: 1 cup uncooked brown basmati rice, for serving (rice is optional, I like to cook extra to have on hand for other meals.
- In a large saucepan warm the oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, serrano and salt. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the garam masala, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt and cayenne (if using).
- Cook for another minute, while stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices. If you are using whole tomatoes, break the tomatoes apart.
- Raise the heat to medium-high, add the chickpeas and mix.
- Cook for 10 minutes or longer. This allows all the flavors to develop.
- Season to taste with additional salt, if desired. If it’s not spicy enough for your liking, add another pinch of cayenne.
Serving with Rice?
- Boil a large pot with water on the stove.
- Rinse the rice in a colander.
- Once boiling, pour in the rice and give it a stir.
- Boil the rice for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain the rice.
- Return the rice to the pot and cover the pot.
- Let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge or two and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro leaves.
Feta Asparagus Salad
Serving size | 4 people
- 1 cup of chopped asparagus
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
- Feta Cheese (to your liking).
- 6 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil
- 2 tsp of Mustard
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Chop 1 cup worth of asparagus.
- Chop cherry tomatoes in half (equal 1 cup worth).
- Sprinkle Feta Cheese on top of salad (Saltbae style).
- Drizzle vinaigrette to your delight.
Brown Rice Crisp w/ Strawberry
Serving size | 1 person
- Brown Rice Crisp
- Chocolate Hummus
- 2 Strawberries
- 4 Blackberries
- Coconut Shred
- Cinnamon powder
- Serve an amount of brown rice crisp to your liking.
- Spread chocolate hummus over brown rice crisp.
- Cut 2 strawberries into thin slices and spread over brown rice and hummus.
- Spread blackberries.
- Spread Coconut Shred.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon.
A Stay At Home Playlist Curated by DJ EFN & JAE HAVANA
Enjoy these home cooked meals with some dope hip hop! Quarantine Raps is an exclusive stay at home playlist featuring music from some of your favorite hip-hop artists. Please visit CrazyHood.com for more information.