Fall Off the Bone Ribs – without a GRILL
Fall Off the Bone Ribs - without a GRILL
Ok, so maybe you live in an apartment, condo, or in some other urban jungle without easy access to a grill. Maybe you have to much to do and the grill takes time. Here is a recipe for you where no one will care if you grilled the ribs or not. The dry rub will both flavor and tenderize the meat.
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (dark can work too)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 slab of whole pork spareribs
- 1 large bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- Combine all dry ingredients for the rub and mix well.
- Place ribs in a large baking pan and coat each side with the dry rub.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Remove plastic wrap, cover with aluminum foil, and place on a rack in the center of the oven.
- Cook for 2½ hours.
- Remove from the oven and increase temperature to 350 F.
- Carefully pour off most of the liquid - reserve for later. Leave about 1 cup in the pan to keep the meat from drying out.
- Pour on the BBQ sauce and coat the ribs.
- Place back in the oven for 45-50 mins uncovered. Add more BBQ sauce after it has cooked 20 mins to ensure a thick coat.
- If the pan drys out, add another cup of the reserved liquid.
- BBQ sauce should start to caramelize and turn dark brown.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, and serve.