Game Day Queso and Salsa
- Queso Dip:
- ½ head cauliflower (optional but SO good)
- 3 cups sharp cheddar
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 2oz chopped green onion (or shallots)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Cumin & Pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 Cans of 14.5oz Stewed Tomatoes
- 4 Tomatillos
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 2 oz Green Onions
- Cumin and Sage to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Break up cauliflower into tiny florets. Place florets on a baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon juice and olive oil. Let bake for 15 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- While cauliflower is baking:
- Pour olive oil on skillet over medium heat, sauté chopped garlic until fragrant. Add green onions and let cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine ALL of your ingredients (3/4 cup whole milk, 2 cups sharp cheddar, cumin, green chilies, baked cauliflower, previously sautéed garlic and green onions) in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Stir until warm and melted. Add more milk if desired. Remove from heat and serve!
- Add yellow pepper and stewed tomatoes to blender. Blend until consistent. Add remaining ingredients to the mixture and blend until desired consistency.