Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
I’m a big oatmeal fan, especially if it has fruit in it. I stumbled upon this recipe some time ago and have saved it for life. The oatmeal tastes like cobbler, and I warn you that you will probably eat all of it by yourself. The only thing I didn’t add in was walnuts, but go ahead and add some if walnuts are your thing.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Lightly grease a baking dish
- In a bowl mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup combine the milk, syrup, egg, butter and vanilla.
- Spread the sliced bananas in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Top with half the berries and sprinkle the dry mixture over fruit in an even layer.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oats.
- Sprinkle remaining berries on top.
- Bake 35-40 min.
- Wait 10 min for it to cool.