Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I’m already looking into some dairy-free options to make for dinner.
I’ve always loved green bean casserole at Thanksgiving so I found this vegan recipe online and it turned out amazing! I used almond milk and you couldn’t even taste the difference.
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ¾ cup button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 TBS olive oil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- pepper to taste
- 1½ cups unsweetened soy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 cube veggie bouillon
- 2½ TBS cornstarch
- 2 TBS cold water
- 1 can cut green beans
- 6oz jar of French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Add olive oil to pan and saute mushrooms and onions. Add in herbs and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the milk and bouillon, stirring until the bouillon dissolves. Do not bring to a boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch and cold water in a separate bowl. Add into the milk mixture, stirring well.
- Add in the green beans, veggies, and half the French-fried onions to the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish (fit a 8x8 great) and top with remaining French-fried onions.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the top is toasted.
Follow me on Instagram @Jewelnicole8