Red, White & Blue Shortcake in Mason Jars
Check out the recipe to the delicious goodies we made for Independence Day! This recipe is good for 12 mason jars.
- 20 oz angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 pints strawberries, sliced
- 4 pints blueberries
For the cream filling:
- 12 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk (I used Borden Eagle)
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 package sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 24 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
Whisk the condensed milk and water in a bowl. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping.
Arrange cake cubes at the bottom of a mason jar. Add a layer of blueberries evenly. Add a layer of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread. Top with a layer of strawberries. Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then add more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture. Finish with a couple of strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a pretty pattern. Cover and refrigerate at least one 1 hour.
After that hour you’re good to grub. 🙂