Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
I’m officially in soup mode now that fall has hit.
The recipe below is one I stumbled upon in Pinterest, but it’s so good and it will definitely be in my rotating soup list.
I highly recommend this soup if you are starting to feel sick. The lemon and chicken broth will get you feeling better in no time.
- 1 Lb of skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks of celery, diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in stockpot over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pot and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add more olive oil to the pot and cook onions, carrots, and celery until tender.
- Stir in thyme and garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in chicken stock, bay leaves, and one cup of water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in chicken, rosemary, and orzo. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender. About 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and any salt and pepper to taste.
Follow me on Instagram @Jewelnicole8