Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
I haven’t done much pumpkin baking this season so I thought I’d give this recipe a whirl.
I will say these were pretty good, not the best pumpkin dessert, but pretty good. The softness of them really took me by surprise though because they are SO soft and chewy, but delicious nonetheless.
Get your pumpkin on and enjoy!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and light spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Wait a few second for it to cool, then add in the brown sugar, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, try not to over-mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into the prepared pan and smooth over with a spatula.
- Optional - Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 30-33 minutes or until done. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Leave in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Follow me on Instagram @Jewelnicole8