(Gluten-free) Homemade Pizza
Don’t let the title containing “gluten-free” make you think this pizza isn’t delicious. Sometimes, when I’m feeling like something cheesy, I can’t resist the thought of a delicious, homemade pizza! Pizza nights in our home provide a tasty way to decompress after a long day, even since we went gluten-free. This recipe is good with just cheese and pepperoni or with any multi-veggie creation you can imagine. I love artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh spinach, garlic, and basil. The dough is even good made a day or two ahead of time. If you like this recipe and want other ideas, check out my blog: makingmindfulness.blogspot.com for healthy gluten-free recipes.
- 3 cups brown rice flour
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- (optional: Italian seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (if not in your flour mixture)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoon baking powder
- 5-6 tablespoons olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- ¾ - 1 cup warm water (add more a little at a time, if too crumbly)
- pizza or pasta sauce
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- any toppings you like (veggies, pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes...)
- Whisk flour, cheese, (Italian seasoning), xanthan gum, salt, baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add EVOO and honey to the dry mixture and mix. (I use a spatula to mix.)
- Add warm water and stir until moist and smooth.
- Spray/ grease two baking sheets.
- Place ½ of the dough on each baking sheet.
- Cover dough with wax paper and roll dough flat.
- Top flattened dough with sauce and spread evenly.
- Top sauce with shredded cheese.
- Add toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Allow a few minutes to cool before serving.