Cold Cucumber and Avocado Soup
I don’t know about you, but when it comes to summer I never crave hot food items. I just don’t do well in heat so eating hot food never sounds good to me. I came across this recipe for a cold avocado soup and had to try it out. I’m obsessed with avocados so it sounded good to me, but if you are not a huge fan of avocados or cilantro then do not make this recipe.
The soup turned out super refreshing and was easy to make! The main thing I would change from the original recipe is to add more heat. It was a little bland until some Sriracha saved the day. If you are melting in your apartment like I was, then I would definitely give this soup a shot.
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups avocado, chopped (I used 1 large and 3 regular.)
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 TBS chopped red onion
- ½ small green chili (I used jalapeno)
- 3 TBS fresh lime juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, or more depending on preference
- pepper to taste
- Optional - cayenne pepper
- chopped tomatoes
- diced green onions
- diced avocado
- chopped cilantro
- Put all the ingredients in a blender (besides the toppings) and blend until smooth!
- Refrigerate at least a few hours for the flavors to blend.
- Pour in a bowl and top with toppings.
- P.S. - I think the toppings really make the soup - especially the tomatoes! Sriracha is key too.
Follow me on Instagram Jewelnicole8