Brussels, Bacon, Bean, and Smoked Gouda Quesadillas
Now, this combination sounds a little strange, but trust me, it will knock your socks off.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it.
First of all, I’m in love with brussels sprouts. Second, bacon and I are best friends. Basically, this recipe had to made and put into my mouth asap.
The great part about this recipe is you can add or change the amounts to any ingredient. Love bacon? Add some more. Feeling just “ehh” about the beans? Just add a little to taste. It’s your quesadilla. Make it how you want it:)
- 4-6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound brussels, sliced
- 1 cup cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 8-inch tortillas
- oil or butter to crisp up tortilla
- Heat a large skillet and add bacon. Once the bacon begins to crisp, add in the brussels and stir until soft. 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and beans, cook for another minuted or so. Turn off the heat.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low heat and add oil or butter.
- To assemble the quesadilla, add some of the Smoked Gouda cheese on one side of each tortilla, then cover with the bacon/brussels/bean mixture. Top with remaining cheese and tortilla.
- Once the oil or butter is heated in the pan, add the tortilla and cook until the cheese has melted. About 3 minutes each side.
Follow me on Instagram @Jewelnicole8