Savory Balsamic Kale Salad
- 3 cups of shredded kale, with stems removed
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- Heat olive oil and garlic over medium high heat in a skillet.
- Add peppers and onions and cook until slightly less than firm.
- Add mushrooms and cook for several minutes.
- Add black pepper and red pepper flakes and stir thoroughly.
- Add kale and pour balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Cook kale until bright green and remove from heat before it wilts.
- Mix thoroughly and add shredded cheese.