Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
I love pancakes. Blueberry and banana are my top choices, but today I decided to try out pumpkin. These were super easy to make and quite delicious, but next time I will add more cinnamon – because everything tastes better with more cinnamon.
- 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Mix well.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture and mix with a spatula. Don't over mix.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray, pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake (I made mine bigger). Cook pancakes about 2 minutes each side.
- Optional but necessary - Slather on maple syrup.