Spicy Chorizo Red Lentil Soup with Kale
I’m still on my soup binge, so here is another amazing recipe. The flavors in this soup are outstanding. The chorizo gives this a Mexican flair and you won’t stop eating it. Original recipe here.
- 1 pound of ground chorizo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans of chicken broth
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot to medium-high heat and brown the chorizo.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and kale to the pot. Saute with the chorizo until vegetables are tender.
- Add the lentils, chicken broth and lentils. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
- Add salt to taste