Butternut Squash, Kale, and White Bean Soup
I just made this soup and immediately had to post about it. Wow. The butternut squash is amazing. This so far is my number one fall soup. Each bite seems better than the next. The squash can be a little tough to cut, but it’s worth it. Original recipe here.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbs fresh rosemary, minced
- 8-10 oz kale, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 oz can white beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and add onions, garlic and rosemary until the onions are translucent.
- Add the kale. Cook until kale begins to wilt. Add the squash and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broth, water, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Once the squash is tender, smash some of the squash against the side of a pot with a spoon. This with thicken the soup and intense the flavor.
- Add the can of beans, liquid and all.
- Simmer for 5-10 more minutes.