Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
I was in a black bean soup kind of mood and stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest. It was quite good, but next time I think I’ll add a little spice to the batch to tone down the strong pumpkin flavor.
I will definitely be making this for the upcoming cold fall nights.
- 2 cans of 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 29 oz can pure pumpkin
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (I forgot this and just added some diced tomatoes)
- ⅔ cup of corn (I used frozen)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1tsp thyme
- ½ tbs nutmeg
- 6 packets of truvia, or other artificial sweetener. Or use ⅛ cup sugar
- salt to taste.
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Saute green onions, red pepper and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add in rest of ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.