Category: Home Cooked Meals
For week 11 of #QuarantineMeals we shift the focus to some comfort food, this week we introduce to you an old school meal to keep you warm during these chilly weekends, beef stew!
There’s certain types of dishes that take me back to Mom’s kitchen and have me reminisce about the simpler days. Beef stew is one of those meals, a delicious dish that you can share with your entire family and best of all you can indulge by getting a second or third bowl, if you make just enough! Lol.
This delicious meal gives you the chunkiness of tender beef, soft potatoes and loads of veggies mixed together, all while floating in the perfect amount of broth. So perfect that you can dip some toasted bread if you REALLY want to indulge (highly recommended tho!).
If you have some favorite meals that you’d love to share, drop a line or send a photo! Hit us up and let us know what you’re cooking, and if you like we can feature your meal it on next week’s edition of #QuarantineMeals!
I hope you all enjoy these #QuarantineMeals. Please let me know how they taste and if you’ve enjoyed creating them! #STAYSAFE
Serving Size | 4 - 6 people
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1 medium onion
- 5 medium carrots
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 5 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- Bunch parsley
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut beef stew meat into inch cubes
- Peel and chop onion
- Peel and cut into cubes baked potatoes
- Mix flour and pepper in bowl
- Add the beef and toss to coat.
- Heat 3 teaspoons of the oil in a large pot.
- Slowly add pieces of beef. Cook until brown on all sides.
- Remove beef from the pot.
- Add the vinegar & wine.
- Cook over medium-high heat.
- Add beef & beef broth with bay leaves, parsley and garlic cloves.
- Raise the temperature until it boils. Once boiling, reduce to a slow simmer.
- Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Once beef is tender, add onions and carrots. Cover for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and vegetables for additional 30 minutes or until they are tender.
- If the stew is dry, add more broth or water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Recently I chopped it up with legendary recording artists MC Ren (N.W.A.) and Tha Chill (Compton's Most Wanted). They just released their new single "LOST" which is also featured on Tha Chill's new album "FO HEAD" (available on all digital platforms).
The interview, which is featured on the HOODtalks Podcast (which is produced by DJ EFN & Myself). This is a podcast dedicated to powerful talks, that educate, inspire and inform. In our conversation we spoke about the golden era of hip-hop and the disconnect between this generation of artists. We also chopped it up about food, specifically their #QuarantineMeals!
Read the full article & listen to the interview exclusively @ CrazyHood.com (Link Below
A Stay At Home Playlist Curated by DJ EFN & JAE HAVANA
Enjoy these home cooked meals with some dope hip hop! Quarantine Raps is an exclusive stay at home playlist featuring music from some of your favorite hip-hop artists. Please visit CrazyHood.com for more information.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.