Category: Featured Recipe
Living in a world facing one of its biggest threats with COVID-19, a lot of us are forced to remain in doors. Quarantined of sorts. While our day usually transitions from waking up, working remotely, exercising, Netflix, Hulu and Social Media. In between all those activities we're EATING! Hopefully, you’re eating healthy… or somewhat healthy!
Although my daily routine pretty much consists of all of the above, I do however dedicate time to be CREATIVE. Creativity, at least for me has allowed myself to escape the crib and keeps my mind occupied on fun activities that challenge me to be creative. Whether I’m writing an article, curating a Playlist (be sure to check out Quarantine Raps: Curated by DJ EFN and Myself!), or cooking a delicious meal with my family… creativity is key… creativity is fun!
So with that being said, I reached out to the homie Premium Pete and pitched him the idea of #QuarantineMeals. I want to dedicate these articles on meals, somewhat simple, somewhat healthy, that people can easily make at home.
Whether you’re making these meals solo, with a quarantine crush, family or your loved ones, I hope these meals bring you joy and take your mind off the stress going on. Even if its only for the time it takes you to cook and eat your meals.
Along with my stories, I’ll be sharing photos, videos, recipes and continue to update the playlist! lol.
If you have some favorite meals that you’d love to share, drop a line! Hit me up and let me know what you’re cooking, who knows we might feature it next time!
With that being said, I hope you all enjoy these #QuarantineMeals. Please let me know how they taste and if you’ve enjoyed creating them!
Egg & Hash Brown Omelet
Serving Size | 4 people
- 8 eggs
- Thick and Cut Hash Browns (half bag / 14oz)
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 2 Avocados
- Hot Sauce (your choice)
- Cook hash browns in pan for 25-30 mins until golden & crispy.
- When hash browns are golden, add eggs and mix.
- Cook eggs as if you would cook an omelet.
- Once one side is finished, flip omelet and cook other side.
- Add 1/4 of sliced Avocado.
- Add 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- Add as much hot sauce as you’d like.
Al's Barbacoa Tacos
Serving size | 2-4 people
- Ranchera cut meat (Carne Asada)
- Barbacoa Seasoning (your choice)
Ranchera - Directions:
- Cook beef for 45 mins in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook until tender and fully cooked.
- 2 medium cans of refried beans.
- 1/3 cup of Avocado oil.
- 1/4 chopped white onion.
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic.
Beans - Directions:
- Pour Avocado oil in pan.
- Cook onions and crushed garlic together.
- Add refriend beans and mix with onions and garlic.
- Stir for 30 mins.
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tbsp of chopped Onion.
- 1 tbsp of Cilantro.
- Garlic Salt
Guacamole - Directions:
- Everyone knows what to do.
Serving Size | 4 people
- 5 Jumbo Shrimp Per Person (20 Total)
- 2 Cod Fish (Fillet)
- 2 Tilapia (Fillet)
- 2 Canned Albacore Solid White Tuna in Water
- 2 Canned Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 can of Tomato Sauce
- A Pinch of dry Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Parsley
- 1/4 Cup chopped White Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Garlic
- 1/3 Cup Avocado Oil
- Warm 1/3 cup Avocado oil and sauté crushed garlic and chopped onions.
- Peel Shrimp and place shells to the side (do not throw away!).
- Sear all Fish & Shrimp with the onions and garlic.
- While Seafood is searing, use a second pan to boil the shrimp shells using 1 cup of white cooking wine. Boil until you create your Seafood broth.
- When broth is done, pour over the seared Fish and Shrimp. Throw shells away.
- After adding broth, add 1/2 can of Tomato Sauce & 2 cans of Diced Italian Style Diced Tomatoes. Don't forget to include all the spices!
- Add 2 Tuna cans into the pot.
- Cook for 30 mins until Fish & Shrimp are fully cooked.
- Made with Love.
- Optional: Spice things up and add deli-slice jalapeños.
A Stay At Home Playlist Curated by DJ EFN & JAE HAVANA
Enjoy these home cooked meals with some dope hip hop! Quarantine Raps is an exclusive stay at home playlist featuring music from some of your favorite hip-hop artists. Please visit CrazyHood.com for more information.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.